Two people in the Buchanan County of Virginia face dozens of felony charges, many related to election fraud, after a grand jury indictment was handed down.
WATCH the news video on it:
According to a press release from Russell County Commonwealth’s Attorney Zach Stoots, Trey Adkins and Sherry Lynn Bailey were indicted on 94 total offenses, as stated in a report.
Trey Adkins, a Democrat, is the current Knox District Supervisor for Buchanan County, and faces 82 felony charges himself.
Some of the charges are listed below:
- 34 counts of False Statement – Election Fraud
- 11 counts of Absentee Voting Procedure Violation
- 8 counts of Public Embezzlement
- 11 counts of Forgery of Public Record
- 15 counts of Uttering Public Record
- 3 counts of Conspiracy to Make a False Statement – Election Fraud
Sherry Lynn Bailey was indicted on 12 different felony charges, which are listed below:
- 4 counts of False Statement – Election Fraud
- 4 counts of Conspiracy to Make a False Statement
- 4 counts of Forgery of Public Record
The report further stated the following: “According to the release, Adkins has been under investigation by Virginia State Police for over two years. Stoots was placed as the case’s special prosecutor alongside Assistant Commonwealth’s Attorney Reece Robinson, and stated that his office would not be releasing any further information on the case.
“The Rules of Professional Conduct prevents any lawyer participating in the prosecution of a criminal matter that may be tried to a jury from making an extrajudicial statement that the lawyer knows or should know will have a likelihood of interfering with the fairness of a trial by jury.” Stoots said, “Based on the Rules of Professional Conduct, my office will not be making any further statements on the pending matters.”
SPECIAL OFFER!!! GO TO MYPILLOW.com/ILMF9 and USE MyPillow PROMO CODE ILMF9 for up to 66% off!