As per the Washington Post-ABC News poll, President Joe Biden’s approval rating sinks to a staggering 37%, so it appears that voters have more trust in Republicans than Democrats. Ahead of Biden’s State of the Union address, this survey showed the president with a 37% job approval, with 55% disapproving.
50% of registered voters said they’d prefer Republicans to be in control of Congress, while 40% prefer Democrats, with 49% saying they’ll support a GOP candidate in the midterm elections and 42% saying they’ll go for the Democratic candidate, as reported.
Here are some other results the poll found out:
– 47% disapprove of the way Biden has managed the international crisis sparked by the Russian invasion of Ukraine.
– 37% approve of Biden’s handling of the economy, while 58% disapprove.
– 44% approve of his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic while 50% disapprove.
– 75% rate the economy negatively, with 39% saying the economy is in “poor” shape.
– 54% say the economy has gotten worse since Biden took office, compared with 17% who say it’s gotten better and 27% who say it’s stayed the same since he was elected.
– 50% say Biden bears a “good deal” or a “great amount” of the blame for the 40-year high inflation rate, while 48 % say he bears “not much” or no blame at all.
– 59% say Biden is not a strong leader, compared with 36% who say he is; among independents, 65% say he’s not a strong leader.
– 54% say they do not think Biden has the mental sharpness it takes to serve as president, while 40% say he does. Among independents, 59% give a negative assessment of his mental sharpness.
– 46% of adults identify or lean Republican; 43% identify as Democrats.
– 54% say they trust the GOP on the economy compared with 35% who trust Democrats.
– 43% trust Democrats on the pandemic compared with 37% who trust Republicans on the issue.
– 44% trust Democrats on education issues compared with 41% who trust Republicans.
SPECIAL OFFER!!! GO TO MYPILLOW.com/ILMF9 and USE MyPillow PROMO CODE ILMF9 for up to 66% off!