• Ads are annoying, so get rid of them. Sign Up Now for $3

News What Is Your Definition Of A "sport"

So many people have a difference in opinion on what a sport is and actually is'nt. To me a sport is anything that can be done in the spirit of competition. High speed knitting could loosely be in this definition. I know other people think sports have to have equipment and ordered teams and a set amount of points and a time, etc.

What do you think?

Shortie861

PREMIUM
Jul 30, 2014
My definition of a sport is an activity or a game that uses a lot of exercise and allows you to be active as well as being a competition. Sports are about being active and staying healthy so without the active side of it there I wouldn't really class it as being a sport.

R

Rizzio

My definition of a sport is an activity or a game that uses a lot of exercise and allows you to be active as well as being a competition. Sports are about being active and staying healthy so without the active side of it there I wouldn't really class it as being a sport.
Yeah, I agree, you really have to be active in any kind of sport.

If you are not breaking a sweat then you shouldn't call it a sport.
The sport should be a test of your own personal abilities.

G

guywithguitar

Anything that is competitive in nature, and can have teams that can be sponsored. I think that's what a sport is, in my opinion.

E

elmarianexx

Sport (or sports) is all forms of usually competitive physical activity which, through casual or organised participation, aim to use, maintain or improve physical ability and skills while providing entertainment to participants, and in some cases, spectators.

Jul 31, 2014
A sport is competitive, but is also athletic and requires physical activity. I personally don't enjoy sports, but that's what it means to me nevertheless.

M

missbishi

By definition, any activity that is governed by a set of rules usually dealing with competition is considered a sport. Google it.

Thank you JoshPosh, I have long been trying to convince people that two of my favorite pastimes, darts and pool, are in fact sports!

A

adfnio

Thank you JoshPosh, I have long been trying to convince people that two of my favorite pastimes, darts and pool, are in fact sports!

Yes Josh is right. All acitivities that are governed by a set of rules and deals with competition is a sport. Playing card, billiards, and darts are included. People watch too much television and think that it has to be broadcasted and popular to be considered a sport.

D

dyanmarie25

Sport for me somehow refers to any activity that requires strength, ability, and agility.

P

pafjlh

I guess it has been defined a sport is something that is governed by a set of rules along with individuals competing against one another. For me it is also something that someone trains for. Yes, some sports are simpler then others and don't require as much practice but they are still sports. I take issue when I hear people say that some sports such as ice skating or gymnasitcs aren't sports just because of the artistry and beauty of them. But these are sports none the less people take years training to be good at them and to be able to be competitive at them.

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars2030