• Ads are annoying, so get rid of them. Sign Up Now for $3

News Valentines Day Is Stupid. Here's Why.

valentines day fail.png
Valentine’s Day is the most annoying holiday you could celebrate. Some genius card writer at Hallmark probably created it as a means to sell more overpriced tomfooleries. When else do people splurge on ridiculous items like ten foot shiny heart balloons, life size teddy bears, or boxes of cavity inducing chocolates? Not ever! And don’t even get me started on dinner reservations. That is the last place I would find myself on a Valentines Day date. Would we all like to go to the same exact place, at the same exact time? No. This is like the black Friday of date nights. Don’t do it!

If you really like someone, then don’t ever take them to a Valentines dinner. It will be super crowded and there’s a better chance that your meal sucks because that miserable quack to the left of your table complained so many times to the waitress, that the hustling waitress left your plate for too long and now its cold. You’re also surrounded by morons. 100% idiotic, superficial, morons with a big M.

Valentine’s Day is a scam that helps guys try to get lucky in the sack and I’m not falling for it. Not even if I were single would I use Valentines Day to entice a woman. If you’re single, then maybe you’ll convince a girl to possibly kiss you, but that doesn’t mean she likes you. It’s probably a pity kiss “like omg, I feel bad, let me kiss him for a moment since he spent $300 on over priced flowers, crap candy, and a poorly prepared dinner in a crowded restaurant of overspending swooners -let me just give him a little kiss as a thank you, then I won’t call him again. Not ever. But thanks for the drinks, guy I’ve only known for 3 days.”

My fiance and I skip Valentine’s Day dinners and watch Weeds, Dance Moms, and Mob Wives. We fill our night with the most amazing TV shows you can find, then imitate Big Ange’s voice until we develop Pharyngitis and eat a bag of melon Halls. We’re also having our date night on the 13th, a more suitable, less crowded, and more fun night to do something together. There’s a million better ways to celebrate Valentine’s day without getting into the crowded nonsense.

People shouldn’t need a holiday to remind someone that they love them, drink wine, or do something together.

Just do it every day.

Last edited:
K

kristin

valentinesday.jpg

Valentine’s Day is the fakest holiday you could celebrate. Some genius card writer at Hallmark probably created it as a means to sell more overpriced tomfooleries. When else do people splurge on ridiculous items like ten foot shiny heart balloons, life size teddy bears, or boxes of cavity inducing chocolates? Not ever! And don’t even get me started on dinner reservations. That is the last place I would find myself on a Valentines Day date. Would we all like to go to the same exact place, at the same exact time? No. This is like the black Friday of date nights. Don’t do it!

If you really like someone, then don’t ever take them to a Valentines dinner. It will be super crowded and there’s a better chance that your meal sucks because that miserable quack to the left of your table complained so many times to the waitress, that the hustling waitress left your plate for too long and now its cold. You’re also surrounded by morons. 100% idiotic, superficial, morons with a big M.

Valentine’s Day is a scam that helps guys try to get lucky in the sack and I’m not falling for it. Not even if I were single would I use Valentines Day to entice a woman. If you’re single, then maybe you’ll convince a girl to possibly kiss you, but that doesn’t mean she likes you. It’s probably a pity kiss “like omg, I feel bad, let me kiss him for a moment since he spent $300 on over priced flowers, crap candy, and a poorly prepared dinner in a crowded restaurant of overspending swooners -let me just give him a little kiss as a thank you, then I won’t call him again. Not ever. But thanks for the drinks, guy I’ve only known for 3 days.”

My fiance and I skip Valentine’s Day dinners and watch Weeds, Dance Moms, and Mob Wives. We fill our night with the most amazing TV shows you can find, then imitate Big Ange’s voice until we develop Pharyngitis and eat a bag of melon Halls. We’re also having our date night on the 13th, a more suitable, less crowded, and more fun night to do something together. There’s a million better ways to celebrate Valentine’s day without getting sucked into the crowded nonsense.

People shouldn’t need a holiday to remind someone that they love them, drink wine, or do something together.

Just do it every day.

I could not agree with you more. Whenever I see Valentine's day gifts, I think what garbage. I might be passing a red light but I am also glad that my parents do not believe in Mother's or Father's day.

You and your fiance are right on!

C

Corzhens

I definitely agree to the starter of this thread. Valentine's day is not celebrated in our house because we believe that it's only for commercial purposes being forced on our throats by those commercial establishments selling flowers, catering food, entertainment, etc. Everyday can be a Valentine's Day.... in your bedroom. Get it?

Henry

Jul 29, 2014
To me, Valentine's Day is a chick day. Men only play along because they know that if you don't come up with a good gift or romantic stuff for your girl on that day, they'll be in serious trouble. From then on, marketing takes full advantage of the situation and put us men in a hard spot, "Buy, or face your girls wrath," kind of situation. We are the real victims, us men.

J

juulicob

To me, Valentine's Day is a chick day. Men only play along because they know that if you don't come up with a good gift or romantic stuff for your girl on that day, they'll be in serious trouble. From then on, marketing takes full advantage of the situation and put us men in a hard spot, "Buy, or face your girls wrath," kind of situation. We are the real victims, us men.
Not if you're with a girl who shares the same opinion - I should say that I feel like the real victim! Most guys think that all girls require this treatment on Valentine's Day. Years of young foolish men bringing me boxes of tasteless chocolates, cheesy cards, and flowers. I truly despise flowers - they stink, they require maintenance, they're boring. Give me a puppy if you want me to take care of something; at least they're fun!

I totally agree with this topic, though. Luckily I've been with my boyfriend for 9 years and we both feel this way about Valentine's Day. Of course we could celebrate our love everyday, and corny as it sounds, we do. That's why we're together, obviously. For one day to be a specific "love" holiday is just pretty ridiculous. I do appreciate the gifts in my past, I'm not a jerk. But it just doesn't matter to me. If you want my attention, do something different. A Valentine's Day gift is basic to me. Hallmark is basic. I don't buy cards for any occasion because it's pre-written, meaning it's not personable. Hallmark is for slackers! :)

I

IcyBC

I am with you on this issue! I actually detest it at first when my boyfriend at the time bought flower for me, and also for his closest friend, then afterward he called everyone in his life to tell them Happy Valentine. I was thinking this day was meant to be for lover.

Later on, I learned about St. Valentine, and who came up with this idea to make tons of money. I hate it now since this stupid day is also the cause for other people's depression because of society pressure.

D

dyanmarie25

Call me a little bit cheesy and hopeless romantic, but for me, there is really something with Valentines Day. It makes you feel light and happy. As a girl, it is what you are always looking forward to. :) Just my opinion though.

M

missbishi

It's definitely a pile of garbage. You shouldn't wait for Hallmark to say when to tell a person you love them, you can do it any time you like at no cost.

In any case, I suspect that most men prefer March 14th anyhow!

Feb 25, 2015
All holidays that require or ask you do go out of your way and buy things for someone else is bologna. It's just a big marketing plan to get you to buy more crap and spend your hard earned money. Everyone has bought into it.

May 21, 2015
Valentine's Day is actually my birthday, so I agree with most of what's already been said. My boyfriend and I still celebrate, but in a smaller level. We just make sure we're together and host a giant movie night or something, not anything really big or showy. He may get me flowers, but the rest is just birthday things. We treat it more like my birthday than the holiday itself.

L

lamanlupa

It's true, this fake holiday is only for those zombies out there that go with whatever is in the bandwagon. Full consumerism at its finest. They've been milking Valentines' Day since I can remember. Chocolates, flowers. dinner dates and discount cards to hotels are staple here. Why celebrate a "love" day when you can love each other everyday. It does not need a specific date to remind us that we love somebody and they are special to us. Me and wife share the same thoughts. February 14th to us is a shut-in day.

S

Susan

Valentine's Day has become just another commercial day. You are quilted into spending money and looking good in others eyes. You shouldn't need a special day to show your love to your partner, you should do it every day of the year. For people who are alone, Valentine's Day is a day to remind them of that. I think it just foolish and not worthy of a celebration.

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars2030