• Ads are annoying, so get rid of them. Sign Up Now for $3

News The Easter Bunny Is Stupid. Here's Why.

who cares gary coleman.jpg
Let's be honest with ourselves - does anyone really care about Easter? It's a fake holiday depicting a giant costumed bunny delivering plastic egg filled with cheap candy or Jolly Ranchers bought by the bag at Walmart. Or the Easter bunny delivers real eggs, but they're chicken eggs. And here's a list of reasons why the Easter bunny is stupid...

A rabbit does not give birth to chickens.

And a rabbit is not six feet tall and walks on hind legs.

And a rabbit does not talk and drink beer.

And a rabbit does not work in the mall and take pictures with kids.

And a rabbit does not care if you go to church in your new dress.

It's a rabbit. It just hops and eats grass.

So why is Easter represented by a rabbit? What is the connection?

Can someone explain this junk to me?

Last edited:
T

tmbits

"According to the University of Florida's Center for Children's Literature and Culture, the origin of the celebration — and the origin of the Easter Bunny — can be traced back to 13th-century, pre-Christian Germany, when people worshiped several gods and goddesses. The Teutonic deity Eostra was the goddess of spring and fertility, and feasts were held in her honor on the Vernal Equinox. Her symbol was the rabbit because of the animal’s high reproduction rate" -- from news.discovery.com

Amazingly accurate info...that still doesn't affect how little I care! lol. That pic will have me laughing for days! Thanks!

A

adfnio

Riddle me this......how did it get associated with the resurrection of Jesus Christ? I remember my local cathoic church use to hold easter egg contest, and I thought, how the hell is a egg laying rabbit associated with the church?

K

kana_marie

A rabbit does not give birth to chickens.

And a rabbit is not six feet tall and walks on hind legs.

And a rabbit does not talk and drink beer.

And a rabbit does not work in the mall and take pictures with kids.

And a rabbit does not care if you go to church in your new dress.

It's a rabbit. It just hops and eats grass.

I just wanted to say that I think it's messed up that you want to talk all this crap about the Easter bunny when he isn't here to defend himself. If I had to guess, I would say this attitude is why you only got cheap candy in your Easter eggs. Smh...

Every year I would open at least one Easter egg with cash in it.

Feb 25, 2015
Riddle me this......how did it get associated with the resurrection of Jesus Christ? I remember my local cathoic church use to hold easter egg contest, and I thought, how the hell is a egg laying rabbit associated with the church?

I don't get it either. The resurrection of christ and the easter bunny. I don't see the correlation either. Maybe they just wanted to make that particular day fun for the kids and marketable. I'm sure the sale eggs triple on the weekend.

Henry

Jul 29, 2014
Lol, good one. I don't want to offend anybody, but this is exactly the way I feel about christianity. I mean, water is only solid when it's frozen, so, maybe that was how Jesus could walk on it. If that was the case, the bible writers left out that little detail on purpose. I know some christians are going to say, "Well, Jesus didn't show any signs of frostbite on his feet, and the bible doesn't say anything about it, so, the water was in a LIQUID STATE, YOU MORON!!" Lol. I'm just joking.

M

missbishi

I'm not a Christian but Easter is supposed to be about the crucifixion and subsequent reseurrection of Jesus Christ. So I'm not sure that stuffing ourselves with chocolate eggs is the best way of remembering this.

@Henry, all that walking on water stuff, I reckon it was just his reflection on some particularly calm water myself.

P

pafjlh

Well, I guess someone actually summed it up here. Easter when it pertains to the Easter Bunny and well the boiled eggs, is more or less a celebration of Spring. When you think about it animals such as rabbits and chickens along with flowers such as the Lily, which is also connected to Easter are all examples of the Spring. Yes, the Easter holiday is based on religious significance, but the commercial side is present the same way it is with Christmas.

J

Josie

It's a collaboration of different beliefs.. as far as I know, yet another aspect christians "borrowed" way back when to lure new followers. That's how they rolled...

P

Peachdejour

My daughter is still disturbed by the idea that the Easter bunny might lay eggs. So I asked her if she still believed in the Easter bunny. She says, "Of course, but it's not right. It's just not right!"

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars2030