• Ads are annoying, so get rid of them. Sign Up Now for $3

News Teavana Stinks. Here's Why.

teavana.jpg

Ever walk into a store and 48 minutes later ask yourself "why did I go in there?" "I spent $100 for what?" and then get home and realize "I am an idiot. I can't believe I bought this junk!"

Well if you walk into any Teavana store, then you will walk out feeling like the worlds biggest victim.

First, you walk in and get a sample of tea that tastes like candy. This is because they fill the vats with sugar and you're drinking cavities.

Then you think it tastes amazing, so you ask them what it is. Then they show you the flavor and suggest other flavors like it.

Then they waft 97 tea smells at you until you're hallucinating to the point that you've purchased 4 lbs of tea at prices ranging from $8.99 to $27.99.

Then you're convinced that you need a $32 thermos and a $49 tea pot.

This all sounds great. You're gonna drink super healthy tea and amazing antioxidants. How awesome.

Now you're home, still hallucinating from the wafting, and you boil water.

Then you put the billion dollar tea leaves, sticks, rat tails, and dried fruit tea in the little sifter thing and make some tea.

Then you stir in some of that overpriced fancy rock sugar.

Then you sip it.

It's awful. Literally the worst tea ever. A box of Lipton for $2.99 tastes better than this nonsense.

You sit your worthless $100 worth of tea on a shelf for a year and only brew it when guests arrive so you can look fancy. Except, they don't like it either.

No one likes Teavana. They only like shopping there so that they look cool and trendy, but the fact of the matter is this - if you shop at Teavana, then you're dumb.

Tea is tea. Some might be better, but at the end of the day, spending $100 on tea is surely stupid.

Spend $5 on an upgrade from Lipton at the supermarket, and use your other $95 somewhere else.

Do yourself a huge favor and skip the trendy fashionista tea and just don't ever go into a Teavana store unless you're desperately thirsty for a free sample.

Last edited:
I

IcyBC

My son took me into that store once, and he came out with, like you, $100 less in his pocket. All of these specialty tea are not really worth the price, and I don't care what they are either. I am very happy with a cup of regular coffee or tea, and not the fancy ones.

C

CommaCat

Ha! You're kind of right on. It's so easy to spend money really quickly in there, the tea is on the pricy side. Then you get home and can't even remember which tea goes with what or how to brew it (unless you buy one of their fancy tea pots). They do have an app that helps you pair teas and advises on brewing time. It even has a tea steep timer with some really soothing music, but still makes me regret the money I spent in the store! Did you know it's owned by Starbucks? I spend a lot of unnecessary money there, too.

C

CeresCat

I've been wanting to go into this store at my local mall for a while now but I don't go to the mall often so I've never visited this store yet. I love my tea but I might have to stay away after reading this! Do they really put sugar in the samples? I would not have thought about that.

I guess I'm just going to stick to buying tea from the grocery store.

Frank

Go Birds.
Staff member
Dec 22, 2013
However they make it at the store is pretty good in the samples, but we bought the same things and it came out bland just like any other tea. I personally think they jacked up the amount of sugar in the samples to make sure it tasted good, because it was goooooood.

Then you get home and try some and make a derp face.

D

Demi27

I've never gone into Teavana and come out with anything other than their samples. The prices at which they sell their mediocre tea are absurd, and there are places with fantastic tea (sometimes blends that are almost exactly the same) for reasonable prices. I also just don't really buy teaware like pots and cups and things as a rule, because I don't have the money to spend on them and I don't actually need them. I recommend www.adagio.com for anyone who likes intersting tea blends that don't cost unnecessarily high amounts of money. There's even a section of the website that allows people to make their own tea blends. If you're a part of fandoms (Doctor Who, Supernatural, Sherlock, etc.) you'll love seeing all the teas that people have matched with your favorite characters.

M

Missfortune81

I love tea and some of the samples I have tried were actually pretty good, but not good enough for me to actually spend the ridiculous amount of money that they charge. They do have some really nice tea pots and accessories, but really it is all about the name with that store. I'm sure you can find similar stuff online at a more reasonable price point.

M

missbishi

Great advice Drastic, we have similar stores here in the UK and the tea nevr tastes as good as a great quality supermarket brand. Lipton's is a really nice brand but we hardly see it over here in the UK. But yes, if you want a great tasting tea, just spend an extra couple of dollars at the grocery store.

D

Danielle Davidson

My mom has bought a ton of tea from there and she liked it. I honestly don't think it's that great. Like you said, the cheaper stuff is better. I like my sleepy time tea that I drink. It's better and I don't understand why people would pay that much money on tea. Basically, all tea is the same, you're just buying it from another company. I feel that like you said, people are just buying it so that they can look cool. There isn't a need to buy that tea. It isn't that good, and that's why I don't personally drink it. I don't mind my cheap tea, and I will keep drinking that.

C

Corzhens

This reminds me of an outlet of Gong Cha, a Chinese milk tea that is getting to be a craze with the young crowd. Just 2 months ago, an accident happened when a couple came in and ordered milk tea. Upon imbibing, the woman collapsed with abdominal pain. She was rushed to the hospital but died before reaching it.

The owner of the outlet had suspected that it was their tea that caused it so he tasted the tea that was served to the dead woman. The owner also collapsed and suffered the same fate. Now, beware of the milk tea.

D

Danielle Davidson

This reminds me of an outlet of Gong Cha, a Chinese milk tea that is getting to be a craze with the young crowd. Just 2 months ago, an accident happened when a couple came in and ordered milk tea. Upon imbibing, the woman collapsed with abdominal pain. She was rushed to the hospital but died before reaching it.

The owner of the outlet had suspected that it was their tea that caused it so he tasted the tea that was served to the dead woman. The owner also collapsed and suffered the same fate. Now, beware of the milk tea.

That's crazy that happened. I think when people come up with something new that they are so excited that they don't really test out their products. I feel like that actually might happen a lot. I don't know if you heard about the iPhone that blew up in India I believe? Apple has to come out with phones so fast, that I'm sure they don't have a ton of time to test them. It's obvious that this phone wasn't really tested. I think people need to slow down and start testing the products that they are giving to the public. It can really harm people, and they aren't thinking about that.

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownalker