• Ads are annoying, so get rid of them. Sign Up Now for $3

News Smokers Are A Special Kind Of Stupid.

quitsmoking.jpg
The governments of the world should converse about something that actually matters – declaring Earth a non-smoking planet. Why? Because cancer and our outraged ozone layer fail to exist as a delightful combination. Smoking is idiotic, trashy, smelly, and a poor substitute for self esteem.

Smoking does not make fat people skinny.

A concept about smoking I can never grasp is the fact that there’s an image behind it that supposedly makes smokers look cool. It doesn’t. It makes smokers appear as bumbling idiots with emphysema sticks bopping briskly on tainted lips.

Girls who smoke are the worst. An attractive female is automatically ugly once they light up. Let's face it, if they're a smoker, then it's not like you're missing out on a winning personality! They're probably dumb as an ant. Any brains in that thing on their neck and they wouldn't be smoking in the first place.

I didn't ever think smoking was cool, classy, or the "thing" to do – even before I knew it caused cancer. I was turned off by the smell. Cigarette smoke is airborne diarrhea. Insignificant derps who smoke moments before entering work or class smell stale, foul, and of an odor so disgusting that the shared horizon of the room is ruined; air rudely polluted. Yes, smokers, you reek like mad. You're worse than being stuck in a mushroom farm.

The fact that you reek isn’t the worst thing about you. Your lack of consideration for others is. Your desire and effortless littering is. Your inability to care for your own life and the existence of the Ozone layer stinks, but more importantly - you're wretched smell is messing up my nostrils and I instantly hate you.

You smokers nonchalantly drop cigarette butts on the ground, out the window, and anywhere else you choose. You’re littering. You owe $300 each time you litter. Even if ashtrays are provided in public places, the majority of the smoking fools still litter. If only smokers would be fined for this ridiculous amount of littering. Let’s say a smoker smokes 20 cigs a day and throws them all on the ground or out his/her car window. The average littering penalty is a $300.00 fine. Do the math. Would you be able to afford those kind of fines if your government ever implemented a zero-tolerance littering zone?

Even before the Surgeon General informed me about how cigarette smoking causes cancer, I decided smoking wasn’t for me. It doesn’t look cool, it doesn’t smell good, its everything I’ve seen human trash do, and it destroys lives. If cancer isn’t a serious threat to you and your friends/family, then I don’t know what is. Maybe people can’t comprehend the significance of a disease that devours human life.

According to The Truth Web site, “smoking kills more people than AIDS, murder, suicide, fires, alcohol and all illegal drugs combined.”

Those of you who smoke, please quit. There's a lot of people who love you and don't want to see you in pain.

Last edited:
I

ImariFutari

~Let me preface with saying that I don't like smokers, either. I completely disagree with what they stand for, who they are, why they do it, and why they think it's okay.

SO LET'S JUST START OFF WITH:
7t5IhlTVmxqBG.gif

There's literally so much bitterness and anger in this post that I don't even know where to begin. Let's take a look, here. In kind of a more... "empathetic" way. There's more than one reason for everything, and I feel as though you're looking at it very 2-dimensionally.

THEREFORE....

THE UNOFFICIAL GUIDE TO FIGURING OUT PEOPLE THAT SMOKE:
  • DON'T F**K WITH THEM IF YOU DON'T LIKE THEM.

Well, that was pretty easy! Anyway, I can understand if someone over the age of 40 (as of 2015) smokes. They grew up in a society where people didn't know the risks of smoking tobacco. They thought it was cool. It was force-fed to them. Let them destroy their lungs, whatever.

Nowadays, people that smoke are just uneducated, weak, a peer-pressured tool, and/or are wannabe hipsters that're trying desperately to look cool. Just leave them be. They were never friend / significant other material in the first place, so I suppose that it'd be much easier to (not avoid them) but simply swerve when they happen to show up.

If they're older than 60, my first point counts, but they're also dying, anyway. If an old person wants to do meth and cocaine, I wouldn't blame them. They're trying to get the very last kick out of life before they pass away - which I think is very understandable. If a grandpa wanted to go deep-sea diving or sky-diving, I'd totally let them. Let 'em be cool before they can't anymore.

Smoking ages pretty faces like *that*. Sunken in eyes, wrinkly skin, moles, sun-spots, you name it. Therefore, I'd say that you wouldn't be attracted to them at all.

BUT TO CLEAR THINGS UP:

I think smoking is disgusting. I can't stand it. The smell, the people, everything.

But I do have hope that the future generation will be completely smoke-free.

The only smoking that I condone is that of marijuana :D

P

pafjlh

Fortunately I never took up smoking so I never had to break the habit. I could never understand what anyone saw in doing this. For me just the smell of it could be nauseating, yet some people just had to smoke. I have a friend who is a smoker and as much as I would love to tell her to stop I know I can't because its not my place to do so. If she doesn't know by now the dangers involve in doing so then there is nothing more I can say on this subject.

Feb 25, 2015
I never liked smoking either and I grew up in a house hols where both parents smoked heavily. I never took to it and literally stayed in my own room for the most part of my life because of that. It was nasty and I can't believe people found pleasure in inhaling deadly toxins into your lungs by free will.

I also think all females that smoke are an instant turn off. I hate it. I don't care how good you look or how beautiful you are on the inside, once you pull out that cigarette you are done.

J

Josie

Food kills far more people than smoking.. just as disgusting and I'm pretty sure most people who complain of smoking are stuffing their faces with faux foods, not giving a sh#t about their long term health because they're ok right now... just like smokers. Everyone has their vice..

P

princessvillain

Food kills far more people than smoking.. just as disgusting and I'm pretty sure most people who complain of smoking are stuffing their faces with faux foods, not giving a sh#t about their long term health because they're ok right now... just like smokers. Everyone has their vice..

This is incorrect.

I know what you're trying to say, and I understand where you are coming from. But eating a cheeseburger once doesn't contribute to your health negatively in any way unless you happen to be allergic to one of the ingredients. However, it's been proven that smoking just ONE cigarette increase carbon monoxide levels in your lungs, reduces lung capacity, increases heart rate, reduces circulation and it's even been said that a single cigarette reduces your lifespan by 11 minutes.

If you add up all the obesity-related deaths each year, you get a number that is close to 300,000. If you add up all of the tobacco related deaths, you get around 480,000. A simple Google search shows that food doesn't kill "far more" than smoking does. Unless you want to unnecessarily inflate your numbers with suicide statistics made by people who are fat and "just can't take it anymore" or who tripped, fell and broke their neck because they couldn't see their feet...but even then I could inflate the other side and include numbers from people who were murdered or in fatal car wrecks on their way to buy cigarettes. If you're going by actual numbers, smoking has several thousand more annually. And by the way, these numbers are just for America, where obesity is high; if we were to count the rest of the world, smoking would continue to overpower in terms of death as obesity rates in other countries are lower but smoking rates are still high.

Additionally, if I choose to eat at McDonalds on the way home from work, that is affecting me and only me. Unless I so carelessly eat my burger while driving home that I rear end another car, nobody else is going to be affected, hurt or anything else - except perhaps a vegan on the side of the road who catched a glimpse of me and says "tsk tsk". If you and I are in a room together, and I eat a cheeseburger and you smoke a cigarette, guess which one of us is impacting the other's health? There is no such thing as secondhand obesity, secondhand indigestion, secondhand diabetes. However, I can, from your smoking, get lung irritation, asthma complications, ear infections, headaches, not to mention prolonged exposure increasing my own risk of smoking-related illnesses.

So called "faux food" is a problem, and I wish everyone had affordable access to healthy, organic food. I can't remember the last time I ate fast food and I try to buy organic and make good, sensible eating choices on a daily basis. I don't agree with GMOs or meat cloning or any of that, so I'm not attacking your position on food. But to say that it kills "far more" is completely incorrect.

May 21, 2015
People who smoke smell so foul and stale that I feel like I can't breathe around them. My aunt is a heavy smoker, and it bothers me every time she gives me a hug or even comes near me. I absolutely love her, but the smell automatically pushes me away.

Also, I hate when I am in a public place and all I see and walk through is all the smoke. Yes, let's inhale all the chemicals from someone else's cancer stick. That's definitely how I wanted to spend my day out and about.

D

dyanmarie25

I have never smoked even one cigarette in my whole life. That makes it obvious that I am also not into smoking. This doesn't mean though that I hate smokers. I don't hate them, rather I would want to help them quit their addiction before it ruins their life.

D

dyanmarie25

I have never smoked even one cigarette in my whole life. That makes it obvious that I am also not into smoking. This doesn't mean though that I hate smokers. I don't hate them, rather I would want to help them quit their addiction before it ruins their life.

K

keytcee

Personally, I don't like smokers simply because I have asthma and smoke triggers my asthma. I'm against it but I don't think outright telling them how disgusting or wrong they are will ever change their minds about it. And what's the point, really? I'm pretty sure smokers know what they're doing and what they're getting themselves into. It's their choice. We can talk to them about it calmly but if they dismiss it, then whatever, we can move on with our lives. We cannot control anyone's life no matter how hard we try.

J

Josie

This is incorrect.

I know what you're trying to say, and I understand where you are coming from. But eating a cheeseburger once doesn't contribute to your health negatively in any way unless you happen to be allergic to one of the ingredients. However, it's been proven that smoking just ONE cigarette increase carbon monoxide levels in your lungs, reduces lung capacity, increases heart rate, reduces circulation and it's even been said that a single cigarette reduces your lifespan by 11 minutes.

If you add up all the obesity-related deaths each year, you get a number that is close to 300,000. If you add up all of the tobacco related deaths, you get around 480,000. A simple Google search shows that food doesn't kill "far more" than smoking does. Unless you want to unnecessarily inflate your numbers with suicide statistics made by people who are fat and "just can't take it anymore" or who tripped, fell and broke their neck because they couldn't see their feet...but even then I could inflate the other side and include numbers from people who were murdered or in fatal car wrecks on their way to buy cigarettes. If you're going by actual numbers, smoking has several thousand more annually. And by the way, these numbers are just for America, where obesity is high; if we were to count the rest of the world, smoking would continue to overpower in terms of death as obesity rates in other countries are lower but smoking rates are still high.

Additionally, if I choose to eat at McDonalds on the way home from work, that is affecting me and only me. Unless I so carelessly eat my burger while driving home that I rear end another car, nobody else is going to be affected, hurt or anything else - except perhaps a vegan on the side of the road who catched a glimpse of me and says "tsk tsk". If you and I are in a room together, and I eat a cheeseburger and you smoke a cigarette, guess which one of us is impacting the other's health? There is no such thing as secondhand obesity, secondhand indigestion, secondhand diabetes. However, I can, from your smoking, get lung irritation, asthma complications, ear infections, headaches, not to mention prolonged exposure increasing my own risk of smoking-related illnesses.

So called "faux food" is a problem, and I wish everyone had affordable access to healthy, organic food. I can't remember the last time I ate fast food and I try to buy organic and make good, sensible eating choices on a daily basis. I don't agree with GMOs or meat cloning or any of that, so I'm not attacking your position on food. But to say that it kills "far more" is completely incorrect.

Just like everyone else.. weight is the only thing people think about when it comes to diet. Get back to me when you add in heart disease stats alone. Far from the only other diet related death, but that should up the numbers a wee bit, don't you think? lol. Diet is the biggest contributor. Sorry, I'll say "one of" the biggest contributors, even though I don't believe it for a second.

Most people don't just eat one cheeseburger and call it a day.. their entire diets are salty, sugary, fatty etc, but you're right if they otherwise eat a proper diet (which most people don't know the meaning of anymore thanks to government and food industry). I personally know one person that died because they smoked (but hey, they ate like crap too.. maybe a connection lol).. I know many more that died from heart disease due to lifestyle (not smoking). You just have to look at everyone around you. Less smokers.. far more dying of food related issues. Obesity isn't nearly the only issue and not all fat people are fat on the outside.. cut them open and you'll see what I mean.

J

Josie

Crap, I can't edit my other post (can I?) Forgot to mention, unless you live alone, your food choices affect your whole family. They also affect anyone who loves you, whether you live alone or not, when you die of diet related disease.

P

princessvillain

Crap, I can't edit my other post (can I?) Forgot to mention, unless you live alone, your food choices affect your whole family. They also affect anyone who loves you, whether you live alone or not, when you die of diet related disease.
I don't think your food choices affect everyone around you unless you are responsible for a) feeding them or b) making an impression on them. Sure, if I eat Oreos and chips all day in front of my kids it's going to impact them. But it'll impact them if I do any self destructive behavior (and yes, I will call eating a diet consisting of junk food destructive). If I choose to feed them that stuff, then again yes it impacts them. But if I live with roommates and they come home from work to see me huddled over a bag of Doritos, apart from the judgement I'll probably get, I'm not harming them in any way.

By the way, weight wasn't the only thing I think of when I think of diet-related problems. I even said diabetes in my post. I didn't think it really had to be said, but yes of course there is heart disease, high cholesterol, and other problems. However, the statistics that I found were for OBESITY-RELATED deaths. Not just "people who are too fat to continue living". It factored in cardiovascular disease, hypertension, liver disease, diabetes, etc. So again...unless you are trying to inflate numbers artificially you are continuing to grossly overstate things. You said to get back to you when I factored that stuff in...well, I did from the beginning.

I want you to know that I agree with you on the topic as a whole. People are very quick to jump on "smoking is soooo unhealthy" while they themselves are obese or otherwise do unhealthy habits. I have a medical background; after I graduated, I wound up in a substance abuse clinic. There were women who were lecturing people on unhealthy habits, telling them they are killing themselves...while weighing 300 pounds and going to McDonalds on their lunch breaks. I get the hypocrisy. And I'm not saying that I'm perfect. I try to eat organic and I'm the kind of person who makes green smoothies and eats baked tofu with quinoa, but if you give me the money and the option I'll eat my weight in sushi without thinking about it. And Nutella, which is basically over processed chocolate frosting, is my weakness. But it's all about balance - when I have a little bit of fruit and Nutella, I balance it with an entire week's worth of healthy eating. Nothing bad happens as a result. But ONE cigarette does damage.

Yes, both are vices, both are unhealthy long-term, but only one is immediately harmful and MORE harmful. Just because you only know of one person who died from smoking-related disease, doesn't mean anything regarding numbers (although I am sorry for your loss). Most of us (thankfully) don't know anyone who has committed suicide or been murdered, but it doesn't mean those numbers don't exist.

K

kana_marie

It's a shame that such a charming guy doesn't like being around smokers. I guess that means I'll just have to light another one up, then

J

Josie

Actually, I am inflating numbers.. because I feel I have to. I don't think the numbers are specific enough and there are far too many grey areas and puzzle pieces to ever be on mark. Obesity related deaths; exactly.. meaning they were obese with these other issues? Obese people aren't the only ones getting food related disease. How many medical professionals don't even ask about food or connect illness to food while they're writing their prescriptions? How are we supposed to expect the numbers to be accurate? Researching just one diet related illness, not with books, but via real live, suffering, exhausted people, you'll lose count of how many people's doctors are clueless after years and hop from treatment to treatment and even surgeries that get them nowhere.. no discussion of how food contributed (or caused) or how it will definitely help. Because they (sorry, most?) don't know anything about it. Though I'm not a pro at stats, admittedly, I just know they're flawed no matter how you look at them. So discussion.. it's a good thing.

And I wasn't proving anything with the one person I know lol.. I was trying to make a point (poorly) that I would bet on people knowing more people affected by food than smoking. Although it seems far too few even know they're affected. One may be more immediately harmful and your chewing isn't going to infect me.. but my personal opinion (until I'm queen of the world and make everyone research my way) is the poor diet eaters, that don't have just one burger to compare it to one cigarette (though bad food DOES have an immediate negative effect), are showing symptoms in one way or the other, living with issues on every end of the spectrum, and dying much quicker.

Regardless of my thoughts, they both kill.. such a silly thing to debate.

P

princessvillain

Well, I certainly never argued that they both kill. You'll never hear me applaud poor eating choices or unhealthy weight, not as a mom, or a nurse, or an overall intelligent human being. So I never really considered it a debate as much as a discussion on specifics. I definitely didn't have any malice or mean intentions behind anything I said :)

I'm actually going to concede a point that I made earlier that I thought about a little further...I do think eating unhealthy food can have an immediate effect, but not in the ways of "obesity related diseases" in the context of our discussion. You aren't going to get diabetes, gain weight, or any other issue from eating unhealthy once in awhile in an otherwise overall healthy diet and generally healthy person. But you can get other immediate negative effects like lethargy, depression, rapid heart rate, digestion issues, issues from the sodium content, etc. So while I won't get diabetes from a value meal at McDonalds, I could have other immediate negative benefits...these will be temporary unless I continue to eat them, though.

And yeah of course, the average person isn't going to have one value meal a year and eat tofu and spinach salad the rest of the year lol.

Inflated numbers bother me because we tend to generalize and inflate things just on a daily basis, and so when people hear real numbers they automatically assume it's more over inflated garbage. Simply put, 300,000 deaths due to obesity is a lot. That's over a quarter of a million lives lost, many of them (if not most) due to poor lifestyle choices and bad habits (I say many because there are people who are obese due to medical reasons or medication, etc. But they're not the majority). My only point in this whole thing was to have a discussion about what you said about obesity being more lethal than cigarettes, a statement which is incorrect. Like I said, if you want to inflate numbers about obesity, I can do the same about smoking. How many people (like my mother) lie to the doctors about smoking for whatever reason? How many people lie about HOW MUCH they smoke? Not to mention like I said, if we're going to inflate, I'll include numbers from people who are killed on the way to buy cigarettes, or whatever else I can find. Inflation serves no purpose. We don't need to inflate, because it doesn't matter which one kills more. They both are potentially fatal, and they both need to be addressed on a much wider scale.

In my medical experience, I've seen both sides just act really...stupid, to put it bluntly. I've had overweight or even obese doctor's chastise patients for smoking, or tell their nurses they can't smoke and then bring a sack full of Taco Bell back to the hospital for lunch. In a hospital I used to work at, they had fast food restaurants in the cafeteria. The same doctors who would check a box "yes" when filling out a form asking patients if they smoke, while shaking their head and "tsk tsk-ing" would then go eat a Big Mac and a large Coke.

I've also seen doctors and nurses treat patients and berate them for eating habits, saying "you gotta lose some weight, this just isn't healthy" while having a pack of cigarettes in their back pocket. I've known doctors whose patients had to find a new doctor because they couldn't handle the smell of smoke on their clothes. I even knew an ONCOLOGIST who smoked heavily, and would tell patients that many cancers are due to poor lifestyle choices, and then go out and have a cigarette break.

J

Josie

I appreciate the discussion, for sure. Not enough people are having it. We'll have to agree to disagree though. I do believe food kills more people and I don't think it will ever reflect in the numbers. On my side of the fence, I don't have to inflate by adding in people that got hit by a bus on their way to the fridge LOL.. I could go on all day listing the ways food can kill you and how many deaths aren't attributed to it but should be. While people are shoving their noses in books, sticking to their facts, real live people are defying them by dying anyway.. or suffering in countless other ways and not realizing it has everything to do with their diet, or at least supremely exacerbated by it, because their doctors don't even know or refuse to believe it.

Some day, "food" won't be protected like smoking was and maybe the right people will be better educated on the matter. Then maybe the numbers will finally reflect reality.. but until then, you and I could go back and forth all day lol. The rest of your post just makes me sad for everyone.. it's infuriating to think about the people put in place to ensure our health and longevity. Especially when they don't have the whole book on health and longevity.

P

princessvillain

I appreciate the discussion, for sure. Not enough people are having it. We'll have to agree to disagree though. I do believe food kills more people and I don't think it will ever reflect in the numbers. On my side of the fence, I don't have to inflate by adding in people that got hit by a bus on their way to the fridge LOL.. I could go on all day listing the ways food can kill you and how many deaths aren't attributed to it but should be. While people are shoving their noses in books, sticking to their facts, real live people are defying them by dying anyway.. or suffering in countless other ways and not realizing it has everything to do with their diet, or at least supremely exacerbated by it, because their doctors don't even know or refuse to believe it.

Some day, "food" won't be protected like smoking was and maybe the right people will be better educated on the matter. Then maybe the numbers will finally reflect reality.. but until then, you and I could go back and forth all day lol. The rest of your post just makes me sad for everyone.. it's infuriating to think about the people put in place to ensure our health and longevity. Especially when they don't have the whole book on health and longevity.

It is sad for sure. I interviewed once for a job at a plastic surgeon's office. I didn't (and don't) really care for the whole plastic surgery "thing" but I needed a job and it seemed like a respectable place. The nurse who interviewed me was very overweight and the doctor chewed tobacco (I saw the tin on his desk). I thought I performed quite well in the interview and they seemed impressed with my grades in school and my experience, but the lady was like "listen, I'll be blunt. This is a plastic surgeon's office. We have to project the right image. Your nose is a little crooked, how would you counsel patients on rhinoplasty when you haven't chosen to get it?" I was shocked and hurt and offended and I left, and haven't interviewed in a plastic surgeon's office since lol. But the point is that people who have bad habits can't usually see them.

Everyone is so quick to jump down everyone else's throat for something without stepping back and taking a look in the mirror.

I hope one day that, as you said, food will be more regulated and people's eyes will open. GMOs, meat cloning, artificial dyes, pesticides, hormones, all these things make food a very, very dangerous thing indeed. More dangerous than smoking? Well as you said we'll have to disagree :)

Mar 15, 2015
Seems a bit harsh to say the least. I do, however, agree that smoking is a dirty and disgusting habit and it makes people who smoke absolutely stink. Most smokers are already aware of that but it's too late, they're addicted. I don't agree that people who choose to smoke are dumb. As you pointed out yourself, smoking has an image of being cool associated with it and some people may smoke for that reason but that image is just an illusion and people can be gullible when they're still young. Besides, there may be other reasons why they start smoking such as peer pressure or to fit in with a group socialize or some may do it for attention. It doesn't make them bad people. If the environment is one of your main arguments, then you may want to consider what's been happening in the world ever since the industrial revolution and should be more concerned with what humans are doing messing around with nuclear power and atomic testing.

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
retr0visi0n