• Ads are annoying, so get rid of them. Sign Up Now for $3

Entertainment Must Find New Music

I have this drive to constantly find something new to listen to. New bands. New songs. New genres. I am not the one hole kind of music listener. So, what I am doing today is searching through pandora, grooveshark, spotify, Milk and seeking new bands and artists to satisfy my wet dreams.​

R

Robmaniac

Madison Rising are a really cool band. Give them a listen, Rock Band, I'm sure you'll enjoy them

Jul 31, 2014
On Youtube, someone uploaded Radio Mirror Park from Grand Theft Auto 5, which has a lot of new music from artists like The Chain Gang of 1974, Miami Horror and Favored Nations.
Maybe check out that station. You might like some of the music.

R

Rizzio

Madison Rising are a really cool band. Give them a listen, Rock Band, I'm sure you'll enjoy them
So I started to check these guys out, Right To Bear specifically and I start to listen and a music ad started to play. I am sitting here listening to an ad being like "Yeah, these ukulele is gre....Oh..."
Stopped the ad and started head banging immediately.

D

dyanmarie25

I am also always on the lookout for new music. I usually browse Spotify to search for new songs. It's actually pretty great because they offer awesome playlists you could listen to. I have discovered the indie band The Paper Kites through this.

L

lgdg090596

Try listening to Thousand Foot Krutch. Best band in my opinion.

A

Alan Martins Rodrigues

Do you have a last.fm account? It's a great way to find new music! You sign in, download plugins to whatever music players you use and every time you listen to a song, it counts as a "scrobble". You can keep track of how many times you listen to a particular song/album/artist, there are rankings and other features, and also it shows you artistis similar to those you listen to so you can always keep expanding your taste in music. It's great! If anybody wants to, my username there is aalanmr, add me and we can see if we have musical compatibility. :)

M

maladjusted

I, too, use Pandora to find new music. I love how they are able to find new artists, that I've never heard of before, that sound like music I already like. Lately, when I hear a song I like on a TV show, I go to tunefind.com to find out who does it and then add that to one of my Pandora stations. It makes for some interesting music, because it's a bunch of different genres, instead of the usual "one genre" stations that I have.

If you've never used tunefind, it has music from almost all of the TV shows and some movies. You just enter the show, then the season and episode, and it lists all the songs played in that episode, even ones where it just plays a little of the song. This is another great way to find new music.

K

keytcee

When I need to find new music, I would always open my Spotify. They have loads of playlists with thousands of songs in them and you can even pick a playlist that would suit your mood. I've found so many good songs that I hate myself for not knowing sooner because of Spotify's playlists.

Henry

Jul 29, 2014
Do you have a last.fm account? It's a great way to find new music! You sign in, download plugins to whatever music players you use and every time you listen to a song, it counts as a "scrobble". You can keep track of how many times you listen to a particular song/album/artist, there are rankings and other features, and also it shows you artistis similar to those you listen to so you can always keep expanding your taste in music. It's great! If anybody wants to, my username there is aalanmr, add me and we can see if we have musical compatibility. :)
Totally agree. Last.fm is a great site. I'm not into mainstream music, so I'm always searching for rare bands, and I was very surprised to find a lot of underground bands there. And, not only that. I also got to hear new underground bands I'd never heard of before. So, yes, I really recommend it.

I

IcyBC

YouTube is my go to if I want to listen to music, and through the searches I found interesting thing too. I really don't bother with Pandora or Spotify. YouTube has everything I need :)

A

AmenoKaji

If you like power metal, check out the japanese power metal band Galneryus. Their older stuff is the best before they changed lead singers but here's a link to one of their live performances.

J

juulicob

Totally agree. Last.fm is a great site. I'm not into mainstream music, so I'm always searching for rare bands, and I was very surprised to find a lot of underground bands there. And, not only that. I also got to hear new underground bands I'd never heard of before. So, yes, I really recommend it.
I agree as well! When I read the thread title, the first thought in my head was Last.fm. I've been using this since about 2006 and it's still great. Some websites I found to get dull or change too much. And some got too confusing to use. (If you go to shows often, I suggest Setlist.fm also! Where you can keep track of concerts you've attended.)

C

crazylady98

Try clicking on the music suggestions when you're watching a music video on YouTube. There's always something interesting to find on there.

R

Rachel Dodd

Use Spotify! It's easy because it already has playlists created for you. Not only genre but by things like, loud sounds or smooth voices. I listened to a piano playlist, every song had the instrument of a piano.

D

Demi27

I noticed most people are recommending rock music. I mostly listen to indie music right now, though, so I can give you some recommendations in that department. The 1975's new self-titled album is pretty good. Although I don't think Arctic Monkeys really counts as indie anymore (if they ever did), but their albums AM and Favourite Worst Nightmare are great. You could give alt-J a listen. I like them, but a lot of people say they're kind of weird. They make good music for studying and background listening. If you like songs with lots of meaning, you'll love Arcade Fire. All their songs have really deep meanings, usually about the issues of modern developed societies. For another more rock-ish band, I'd check out The Black Keys. Basically, all their stuff is fantastic, but the earlier albums have more of a blues influence and the later albums have more of an indie influence. Happy listening!

J

jamiew23

I love to hunt down cool new bands too or just bands no ones really heard of :p

Check out: Atlas Genius, The Colourist and Ghost Beach

C

cocolgooh

I love to find new bands and songs as well. I find Spotify is the best to find new music, at least for me. I used to use Youtube primarily but I found the videos sometimes put me off. I'd rather listen to the music without the video to put me off.

Some bands I like that don't tend to be too commonly known are Adelitas Way, Call The Cops, Jettblack and Blowsight.

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars2030