• Ads are annoying, so get rid of them. Sign Up Now for $3

News Life Without Internet

no internet.jpg
Upon moving into a new home you discover that the home isn’t previously wired for cable. You learn that technicians aren’t available until the next week. A week later technicians notify you that a special group of "wiring people" will need to complete a post-wire on your new home. They’re booked until the following week.

Insanity sinks in. "What if someone is trying to get a hold of me by email?" You panic and rush to a relatives house, whom you don’t even invite for dinner on holidays, and surprise them.

"Hey Bob, haven’t seen you in three years, what brings you to town?"
"Oh I just wanted to say hi and hang out with the family for a bit. Oh cool! Is that a new computer? Can I try it?"
"Bob, its not new. It’s the same we’ve always had."
"Oh gosh, it does look old. I should run some quick tests to make sure its running good then, let me sit with it for a few minutes."

Three hours later.

"Bob, are you OK?"
"Yeah sure, one minute."

Eventually your requested to leave as his new best family friends wish to go to bed.

You frantically dash home and pace some more trying desperately to find something to keep yourself busy. Television fails. Radio fails. Everything fails.

All you can think about is how much life is better once technicians install your Internet and close the door behind them.

They come tomorrow.

Two hours of wiring and a broken ceiling tile later, you’re wired.

Unfortunately, you’re account is screwed up with the ISP. You should have service by tomorrow, but if you don’t, it will be up after the weekend, as your ISP is closed for the weekend. Oh, and its a three-day-weekend. Don’t you love holidays? So glad we celebrate a guy who didn't even discover America. Yeah you - Christopher Columbus, you fraud.

Now what? Can you imagine living without the Internet?

Last edited:
P

pafjlh

This is funny because I dealt with a similar circumstance just last week. My Internet modem died and because of that for almost a good week I had no Internet access. Well, except for the one I was able to access in other places besides my home. I realize during this time just how much we do rely on the Internet now for so many aspects of our lives. Anyway, I am back online and its a good feeling.

C

Corzhens

This thread may be looking for some funny banters but the title really makes me cringe because I had experienced not just without internet but the difficulty of communications. Can you live without a phone? We had to go to the next town just to ask something important to a friend or relative when now it's just one text or one message in Twitter and that's it. Certainly, life was very different when there was no internet yet.

M

missbishi

Life without the internet is unbearable! Thankfully, there's free access at my local library so when I do experience outage there's always somewhere else to go. Either that or use the neighbour's wifi!

J

Josie

Being forced to live in society and keep up just to stay afloat and alive, yes, it's pretty much necessary now and I would find things difficult. But I actually prefer life without it. I'm obsessed with learning from it. I enjoy keeping in touch with people through it. I make extra money with it. But if tomorrow we were able to live however we want and not suffer for it, I would cut that cord faster than you could say... something witty lol. I enjoy peace and quiet and cutting myself off from the world. I enjoy slowing life down and worshipping every moment and making every moment count. The internet is a huge distraction, as necessary as it is in today's world.. it makes life fly by. Technology is a way of life for many;it's the future. Not for me. If I were rich, I'd turn it all off.

D

dyanmarie25

I have actually been able to live without internet for about one year. I though it would be impossible but yeah, I did survive it. :)

I

IcyBC

Oh I can see myself pacing all around without internet for that long! I only had to deal with it for a couple of days before, and I brought myself to the library, signed in for the one hour slot. It is becoming difficult to function life without internet.

J

juulicob

I could definitely survive without internet. I've had to go months without it last year and it was relaxing. Although, I did cheat. I used my sister's internet to check e-mails and such. I'm not really that important when it comes to internet. I don't belong to any social media websites; I just have accounts on forums and music sites, etc. It's just a hobby to check into, but nothing so dire that I need to access the internet. The only thing I kinda miss is being able to "google" anything - sometimes my real life conversations require verification on certain facts to confirm who's right or wrong... Yep. So internet is helpful to my daily life, but it's not totally necessary where I'll go insane without it.

D

Danielle Davidson

I mean for the most part I use my phone so I wouldn't have to live without the internet. If I really had to though, I would go crazy. I honestly can't live without the internet. I love being able to go online when I want, and do what I need. I think that the world we live in today, it would be so hard for many people because that is how so many go through their day, they use the internet. I think life would be so different without it. There is a lot of good that comes from the internet though. So I think that it's good we have the internet.

Henry

Jul 29, 2014
I think i can't live without it anymore. I don't watch TV anymore. It's just great that you can watch whatever you want, when you want, instead of waiting until Sunday, or whatever, to watch your favorite show.

Feb 26, 2015
Last year when we moved into our new house, it took them a long time to hook up our internet. We were without it for about 2 weeks. Honestly, it seemed like much longer than that! After about a week, we all began to adjust, and do other things, but it was rough for awhile. But yes, I could definitely survive and adapt without it.

K

kim1984

Part of me thinks yeah, it would be relatively easy to deal with - I mean sometimes I take mini-breaks from the internet because I just get sick of people's drama. But then I remember how many things I use the internet for that make life easier. Doing my banking online so I don't have to go into a bank branch. Being able to communicate cheaply with friends and family that don't live nearby or even overseas. Paying bills on the internet, shopping for groceries and other stuff when it's impractical to be able to get into a store...there's a lot of conveniences it allows.

I'd be able to survive without it, but it would just make certain tasks a lot more time consuming.

Mar 15, 2015
View attachment 99
Upon moving into a new home you discover that the home isn’t previously wired for cable. You learn that technicians aren’t available until the next week. A week later technicians notify you that a special group of "wiring people" will need to complete a post-wire on your new home. They’re booked until the following week.

Insanity sinks in. "What if someone is trying to get a hold of me by email?" You panic and rush to a relatives house, whom you don’t even invite for dinner on holidays, and surprise them.

"Hey Bob, haven’t seen you in three years, what brings you to town?"
"Oh I just wanted to say hi and hang out with the family for a bit. Oh cool! Is that a new computer? Can I try it?"
"Bob, its not new. It’s the same we’ve always had."
"Oh gosh, it does look old. I should run some quick tests to make sure its running good then, let me sit with it for a few minutes."

Three hours later.

"Bob, are you ok?"
"Yeah sure, one minute."

Eventually your requested to leave as his new best family friends wish to go to bed.

You frantically dash home and pace some more trying desperately to find something to keep yourself busy. Television fails. Radio fails. Everything fails.

All you can think about is how much life is better once technicians install your Internet and close the door behind them.

They come tomorrow.

Two hours of wiring and a broken ceiling tile later, you’re wired.

Unfortunately, you’re account is screwed up with the ISP. You should have service by tomorrow, but if you don’t, it will be up after the weekend, as your ISP is closed for the weekend. Oh, and its a three-day-weekend. Don’t you love holidays? So glad we celebrate a guy who didn't even discover America. Yeah you - Christopher Columbus, you fraud.

Now what? Can you imagine living without the Internet?
This kind of thing has happened to me, the worst part about it being that I rely on internet for working from home and for having regular income. It can be quite frustrating but where I live now is shared and there's no WiFi and no plans to get WiFi. I have to, therefore, rely on a mobile broadband connection which is quite expensive because I have no other choice. What's also frustrating is when I pay for data,only to have my smartphone or laptop (or both) go down.

C

Chris_A

I personally couldn`t really live a normal life without the Internet. Some things just got carved into my being, like checking out Facebook, reading Wikipedia or playing the latest online game. For me, it would be really hard to adjust, if somehow we would have to live without it one day.

K

katship31

I really couldn't imagine life without the Internet. I grew up without it, but now I use it for everything, even for work. I practically live online!

D

Doc Moose

If that is so, then you are headed for retirement and just enjoy life. Nowadays, it is unimaginable to exist without the internet. It is a way of life. People have internet and those who don't would go to cafes to get online.

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
retr0visi0n