News Judge Sentences Loving Dad To 180 Days In Prison For Overpaying Child Support

C

CommaCat

I hope, hope, hope there is more to this story than the video is showing. All to often in custody cases, the interest of the child is the last thing that is considered. It's all very messed up.

P

pafjlh

Wait, we have dead beats who refuse to pay their child support yet here we have a father who wants to give more then he is required to give being panalized for it? What's wrong with this picture? If the man wants to give more then he was required by the court to help out his kid what business is it of the court? None from what I have seen, if he is living up to his required child support that is all that should matter to them. Come on this just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

T

TheViper

Well, this just seems completely messed up. How to you put someone in jail for paying too much money? In fact who in their right mind would jail someone for overpaying?

K

kana_marie

Effing ridiculous! I have tried starting my comment 5 times already but I just can't expresses elf in a manner that won't offend a lot people on here. I'm going to say "stupid" and leave it at that

A

adfnio

The system faild the defendant on this one. He wasn't given proper notice of any change in visitation and money owed. But I think it is screwed up that they wanted him to pay for the the sons moms lawyer. That's BS. But the worst thing he did was walk out of court. He could of appealed. There may have been a oversight on the judges side

D

dyanmarie25

I don't really understand. How can a father be put in jail just for overpaying child support? Come on. This doesn't make any sense at all.

E

Emil

This is so messed up. Arresting someone for overpaying child support. I hope he fight's this decision.

J

Josie

Probably because it's extra money that could line government pockets instead. We lived in a me$$ed up world.

M

missbishi

Why on earth can't Jay-Z pay this guys legal fees instead of bailing out rioters?

I

IcyBC

Is this for real? What kind of system is this? Or should I say what is wrong with this world? If it is true that this father is giving more than he was required to, then he should be awarded a trophy. OMG..

Henry

Jul 29, 2014
Well, sometimes the world works backwards. Bad people get rewarded, and good people get punished. Sometimes, when you do good things, people spit in your face, and sometimes, when you do bad stuff, people shake your hand. A priest would tell you that The Lord works in mysterious ways. I would tell you it's human stupidity, but people will usually take the priest's word over mine.

P

princessvillain

This was on Snopes and reported as false. Apparently, he didn't overpay at all. From the article I read, he actually had $3,000 in past due child support. So when he made his payments, he was paying on that amount, plus his ex's attorneys fees that he was ordered to pay for. He wasn't preparing or over paying, he was paying past due amounts which still weren't enough to bring him current apparently.

There are always two sides to things. I don't think any actual court would penalize someone for over paying, but the justice system has surprised me before.

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ferrous Ursus