• Ads are annoying, so get rid of them. Sign Up Now for $3

News Is Donald Sterling's Punishment Fair?

donaldsterlingnbaban.jpg

Donald Sterling made a few racist remarks in the of his own home, had his privacy violated, and the girl who did it will probably get sued, jail, fined, or all three.

Sterling was banned for life from being an owner of an NBA team and fined millions.

Was this a fair reaction or punishment from the NBA?

Was it OK to violate his privacy? Even though what he said wasn't very nice, if he gets punished for this, does that open the door to everyone's privacy being violated?

Last edited:
T

TaimaraKeyneisha2014

View attachment 815

Donald Sterling made a few somewhat racist remarks, as he had his privacy violated, and the girl who did it will probably get sued, jail, fined, or all three.

Sterling was banned for life from being an owner of an NBA team and fined millions!

Was this a fair reaction or punishment from the NBA?

Post your opinion and cast your vote!
How can we judge what is a fair punishment for someone being racist? And not only being racist but being that way while you are being recorded and then its found out? I mean if you HAVE to give out a punishment then yes this will definitely fit the crime. I also believe that we are taking a stand and are simply saying, "We are tired of this kind of treatment and we are starting with you Donald Sterling. NO longer will we just complain about being called out of our name of African American and being disrespected. We will fight!"

Frank

Go Birds.
Staff member
Dec 22, 2013
I think the fine was good, but not sure I agree with him losing his business. That may be a bit harsh if you consider it was in his home and not public.

I think the bigger problem is that his private conversation was secretly recorded and his privacy violated. That could happen to any of us!

Do you think that lady will get in trouble too? Technically she did break the law. And while he simply voiced an opinion in a private convo, he's getting nailed really good for it!

What if it was her saying "I don't like Canadians" - do you think she would get in trouble or we would just kinda laugh at that one? Lolol!!!

L

latoya

I really dont know what to say is a fair punishment for this. I mean of course no one would want him to own a team anyway again. At the same time its his money involved so how can you turn someone away. As far as a fine what is that going to solve. I feel that now that everyone knows his true feelings he messed it up for himself.

A

adfnio

He was a racist but he sure loved making money off of them. Funny how that workd hah? I think to some degree all of us racist. We might not be on the level as others but we all have made racial comment. I think he got handed that punishment because if the powers that be didn't do anything about it, they too would be looked at as racist. We can't have that, so they made an example out of him, and left him out to dry.

P

pafjlh

Yes, I think he was made an example out of by the NBA. Not that I condone what he said. But he was saying it in private not in an interview where it was made public. I really have a major problem when someone says something that is suppose to be private and suddenly its everywhere all because we are more connected now more then ever. I guess in some ways the NBA had no choice in the matter since the news media wouldn't let it go as long as Sterling was associated with them, and they couldn't have that. As for the fine as I said I guess they had to make an exampel out of him.

M

missbishi

The thing is, the NBA have to be seen to be doing the right thing. They cannot allow even the slightest rumor of racism to escalate and I don't think they had much choice in the matter.

However, this wasn't a public declaration was it. It was a private conversation which had been recorded without his knowledge and whilst I do not agree with his views, he does have the right to express them in private.

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars2030