• Ads are annoying, so get rid of them. Sign Up Now for $3

News Fast Food Workers Are Not Worth $15

L

latoya

I mean i wouldnt say $15 an hour but i wouldnt say they are not worth it. I know society looks at fast food workers as low class people. I feel a job is a job no matter what. There are some jobs that are more important than others but its no reason to talk down on someone. In this world its expected to graduate high school and go to college. I know that is the american dream but everything does always go as planned. Whether you eat from these place or not someone does and its a service. I just dont agree with it going up to $15.

Shortie861

PREMIUM
Jul 30, 2014
I personally myself would be more than happy with $8 an hour but I would not say that these people are not worth more than $8 an hour because they are working in a fast food restaurant. $8 an hour seems reasonable to me for this kind of job though to be honest.

L

latoya

I personally myself would be more than happy with $8 an hour but I would not say that these people are not worth more than $8 an hour because they are working in a fast food restaurant. $8 an hour seems reasonable to me for this kind of job though to be honest.
I agree i dont feel the need to degrade them because of what industry they work in. In this day in age people have to take it how they can get it times are hard.

R

Robmaniac

minimum wage in UK is around £5 which is roughly $10 so $8 is a little less, but Fast Food Joints can charge the $8 because the demand for jobs is high and the experience needed in those restaurants is incredibly low, anyone can do it.

Jul 31, 2014
I'm not putting down fast food workers because it's an honest job.
But some of these people are 40 years old and complaining that they can't make their house payments. You're not really supposed to support a family and pay a mortgage at age 40 with a fast food job. Fast food jobs are supposed to be a way for young people to make a little money, not a way for an adult to support a family.

L

latoya

I'm not putting down fast food workers because it's an honest job.
But some of these people are 40 years old and complaining that they can't make their house payments. You're not really supposed to support a family and pay a mortgage at age 40 with a fast food job. Fast food jobs are supposed to be a way for young people to make a little money, not a way for an adult to support a family.
I agree i mean it wouldnt hurt as a second job or side job. I wouldnt try to support an entire family from it though. It might can help you get on your feet.

P

pafjlh

The problem is these days people take jobs where they can get them. Yes, that would include fast food. Gone are the days where fast food jobs were for the young and those still in college. These days older individuals with families need to take these jobs as well. So, I can understand their feeling that the wage isn't too high, but it shouldn't be fifteen dollars. Here in the state of Arizona some people working in offices don't make fifteen dollars an hour, and no offense to fast food workers but these are a more skilled job. I do think that something does need to be done for fast food workers either give them a bit more money or more hous some are lucky if they even get twenty hours a week, which isn't a good thing.

T

TinVanMan

I think one thing that you are overlooking is that no matter what kind of work they do, these are people. This is why their time is worth a higher wage. Maybe the problem is that too many employers aren't paying anyone what they are worth. The whole scale should be bumped up to something livable. The fact that you don't care that many people are working full time and can't live is very telling.

M

missbishi

To be honest, I wouldn't be striving to be employee of the month on $8 per hour either, so it's no real surprise that staff migh appear bored or disinterested.

In the case of people working these jobs in later life, maybe it was all they could get? Jobs are scarce these days and these people deserve credit for working such a demeaning job instead of sponging off welfare.

P

pafjlh

This is what I was trying to say, fast food jobs aren't just for students any longer. People of all ages take these jobs because it all they could get. As for getting a second job, people are lucky when they can land one, how do we go about getting two. I am not saying I am for giving fast food worker fifteen dollars an hour we do that and everyone would want to work fast food. At least they would in my state becasue that is a great wage for most jobs.

Q

queenbellevue

Wow you seem very angry about this... I agree that 15 bucks an hour is insanely high but that doesn't mean the people protesting are inferior to you somehow. They're entitled to their opinion just as you're entitled to yours.

Feb 25, 2015
I would never think less of a person who works in a fast food restaurant. That is a honest living and sometimes we all have to make due and take the jobs that were designed for high school kids. It's either my kids starve or I get a part time job at Mcdonalds. There is no shame for putting food on the table. If anyone thinks or says otherwise then you should be ashamed of yourself.

Now is asking for a raise wrong? I don't think so. But there is a right and wrong way to go about doing it. If you aren't breaking the law and making your voice heard legally and peacefully, then you have the right to do so. But eventually you have to answer for your actions when the dust settles. if you are preparing fast food, that isn't a high skilled job. Entry levels jobs start at minimum wage. There is no way around that, and if you quit there are others that will happily take your job that you vacated. Anyone with a pulse can get a job at Mcdonalds.

A

adfnio

Fast food joints are a low paying, repetitive task jobs. No special skill needed so the minimum wage is warranted. If it required some special skill then I can see them asking for more money. But a college education is not needed to considered.

P

pafjlh

We have to understand something the days of fast food being a job that only kids fresh out of high school take are over. Now a days with the economy the way it is and jobs being scarce to where those who use to be able to land a job can't many of all ages go to work in the fast food industry, because its all they can get. rven those with college degrees are going this route because jobs just aren't there These individuals have homes and family to support so living on eight dollars an hour for only four hours a day isn't enough. But do I think they should make fifteen dollars an hour? Of course not, in my state those working in higher end jobs don't make that much for the most part. But maybe either a slight raise and pay or more hourse to work might be in order.

T

TheViper

I think the big thing is the cost of living has increased but the pay has stayed the same. In some causes the pay has actually decreased for some. I could see them arguing for $10 a hour but $15 is just silly. Most of these workers are only working part time anyway.

J

Josie

The fact that people can't understand why some people need these jobs or the many reasons they don't attend college/university, is pretty arrogant. I won't get into it.. I'm drastically in the minority when it comes to my thoughts on society and the state most people are in. What I will say is, they are absolutely worth EVERY frigging penny because they deal with this type of arrogance, ignorance and entitlement all day, every day. Those who work with the public get my vote for living wages far quicker than Joe Blow behind a safe little desk all day.

May 21, 2015
Raising their wages by a dollar or two wouldn't be that bad. But I do agree that these jobs do not deserve $15 per hour when most office jobs barely do $9 an hour. These jobs were made for young adults in high school or college, trying to earn some extra money or save money for the future. It was not made to live on.

There are plenty of other options, but the deafening defeat comes from the end of their education. Some individuals did not complete high school, which would shorten the horizon. Others possibly are restricted by other means, such as being available to watch their kids or maybe unable to afford to provide care for their children. There are many factors that could play into this realm of fast food jobs.

Regardless, these people are earning honest money and doing a job that almost no one wants to do. They are still people, and deserve to be respected just as everyone else.

P

princessvillain

My family and myself have had to take jobs over the years, as circumstances have changed, that paid less than we would have liked. At different times, my husband worked at Walmart, Checkers, Long John Silver's...while I took jobs as a cashier at Kohls or answering phones for a ham company (I'm Jewish so it was funny). All of those jobs paid minimum wage. Now, thankfully, we have careers going but it wasn't always like that. Everyone takes jobs for different reasons. Whether it is to earn summer cash or just get out of the house or whether it's really to provide for a family.

That being said, minimum wage was never supposed to be a liveable wage. I don't really know how else to say it. I don't look down on someone who is working in fast food, but I certainly don't think they need $15 an hour to do it, at least not where I live. I'm not saying a raise is bad to ask for, but $15 is a bit much. Anyway, raises I think should be on merit and longevity in your job, not by virtue of you having the job. Someone who has worked at McDonalds for 10 years and has made this their career should get performance evaluations and raises in accordance with their performance.

I even worked as a housekeeper for a time, and I started off at $8.00. There were women who had been working their for 15 years who were making nice money, I think like $27.00 an hour or something, because the raises were based on performance.

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lars2030