• Ads are annoying, so get rid of them. Sign Up Now for $3

News English Is Literally The Most Annoying Language Ever Made

Gallagher-smash-watermelon.jpg
I learned this week that I am definitely not the smartest person on the planet. I used to be, even though my family may think differently, because a smart person knows how to be on time, and my fiance who's a valedictorian double major reminds me without saying it.

Then I listened to Gallagher speak while he wasn't performing and my brain installed a grenade pin and pulled it repeatedly until thoughts oozed out like volcanic lava burning straw huts in Hawaii. Hearing him talk was humbling, thought provocative, and literally logical.

He sorta says English makes no sense, and he's more than sorta right. I was told years ago that English is the hardest language to learn because we have 900 words for everything. English words have multiple meanings. English words when spelled and pronounced the way they're spelt can mean different things. Gallagher is right. English is literally the worst language ever.

But we all speak it. We all complain about prensar dos tu habla Espanol. We loathe border jumpers. We want fences higher than my wall of resilience. And if we think about it for two second, and have half a brain, we realize that more people would speak English if it made any darn sense at all.

Spanish people have one word for most things. English speaking people have 90 words for each thing and depending on the thing, the spelling is pronounced based upon the item we talk about. How stupid is that? How can you expect Rosetta Stone to teach people English when it's rules and spellings are beyond the spectrum?

Listen to this brief Gallagher clip from YouTube...

Agree with me yet?

4 years of Spanish taught me the equivalent of nothing. But 2:41 with Gallagher opens your mind.

A Gallagher quote from 1981 says "why is there so much unemployment when there's so much work to do?"
I'm still swimming in the thought of how messed up English is and how brainwashed we all are fighting about it and trying to get other languages out of the country.

What if Spanish was better? Even though everyone speaking it sounds drunk or mad, but what if?

To keep you going, here's video clips of Gallagher smashing things and being super intelligent. He didn't even need to smash anything, his words were entertaining enough. Just pure awesomeness.

And of course, black Gallagher by the infamous Dave Chappelle.

Last edited:
A

adfnio

I actually watched those full comedy shows back when I was little. It's still funny til this day.

I only speak english. I have tried learning other languages and it's really hard. I've tried learning Japanese and Tagalog, and I just can't get the grasp of it. However everyone else tells me what the OP is saying.

I think we are all hardwired to read our native language and learning new laguages is really hard. It's a total deconstruction of how we structure out native language. They way the subject and predicate is situated with noune and question indicators is hard to grasp.

P

pafjlh

I have never been a fan of Gallagher, I guess I have never been able to grasp his brand of humor. Anyway, I do have to say he does have a valid point about the english language. I don't stop to think about it myself because well I grew up learning to read and pronounce english but I can imagine to those learning the language how difficult it can be. The silent e and the ough having different pronounciation sounds in different words is confusing enough, but then there are words like Island. I know someone who use to work in a school and she said that the kids who were Spanish for the most part wanted to pronounce the word as it looks which would include pronouncing the s in it. In other words they were pronouncing the word is-land. But then that's what it looks like when you look at it. Yes, english is a confusing language.

M

missbishi

I've heard it's the hardest language to learn to speak correctly because of all the different ways that the same combination of letters can be pronounced. Even as a native speaker, I still stumble on the odd word every now and then.

I

IcyBC

I have never been a fan of Gallagher, I guess I have never been able to grasp his brand of humor. Anyway, I do have to say he does have a valid point about the english language. I don't stop to think about it myself because well I grew up learning to read and pronounce english but I can imagine to those learning the language how difficult it can be. The silent e and the ough having different pronounciation sounds in different words is confusing enough, but then there are words like Island. I know someone who use to work in a school and she said that the kids who were Spanish for the most part wanted to pronounce the word as it looks which would include pronouncing the s in it. In other words they were pronouncing the word is-land. But then that's what it looks like when you look at it. Yes, english is a confusing language.

I have to say I agree with your view on this! English is not difficult to learn, but it can be very confusing until you just have to learn what the common ground and go with it! The grammar alone is a jungle of mess :)

Feb 25, 2015
If English is such a hard language and referred to as the stupidest, then why is it the international language? Every politician on the international level can speak it. Go to the United Nations Summits and guess what they are speaking? English right? I've tried learning other languages and it's really difficult. If your brain is hardwired to speak your first and native tongue, the trying to learn another is going to be difficult that's for sure.

But I have friends that are bilingual. They say it was easy for them to learn different languages. So it depends on the person and their ability to disconnect from the their native tongue and grammar.

K

keytcee

I don't think it's that hard of a language to understand. It is the "universal language" after all. And actually in my opinion, every language is hard so I don't think we should single out English. But I guess it depends on the person and how he/she perceives whatever language it may be.

K

kana_marie

After reading some of your other posts, you can imagine my horror at the possibility of agreeing with anything you said. But, thankfully, you didnt let me down and I am still a sane and reasonable human being. Thank you.

C

Corzhens

Pardon me for being serious. It just got to me that English is a difficult language particularly for foreigners even if it is the second language.

In our country, English is the second language so even grade schoolers can understand you. But this common error really annoys me, I normally see this booboo - the proper usage of LOSE and LOOSE. More often than not, my countrymen wrongly use it.

Here are some examples:
1. What have I got to loose?
2. If loosing you is the best...
3. His pants are lose.

What can you say? Aw, forget it, you may just loose your mind and lose your screws. Hahahaaa.

A

AmenoKaji

Gallagher is pretty old school. But English as a language just gets held up onto many complexities. Having studied some japanese and korean and comparing that to english, it is just so much easier to grasp a different language. I think there might just be too many variations of "english" "proper english" etc and thats what foreigners learning it might get caught up on.

C

Campenplatz0110

I've heard Mandarin is just as difficult if you're not a native speaker!

ATTENTION:
Dear Readers,
If big tech media can ban Donald Trump, then they can ban you! Please register here for your FREE account on My Daily Freedom and always stay updated with the day's best stories and craziest videos.

You can also sign up/upgrade your current account for $3 and see less ads and support independent media like us!!

Whatfinger

Sites We Like

America News Network

Members online

No members online now.

My Daily Freedom Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
retr0visi0n