If there was a whopper of a lawsuit out there, then this might certainly be the one. Smartmatic USA has filed a massive $2.7 billion lawsuit against former President Donald Trump, two attorneys - Rudy Giuliani and Sidney Powell, Fox News and three hosts - Lou Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro.

The lawsuit suggests that each of the defendants have conspired to push false claims that Smartmatic helped Joe Biden and Democrats "steal" the 2020 election, as reported on NBC 15.

The 285-page complaint filed Thursday in New York state court by Florida-based Smartmatic USA is one of the largest libel suits ever undertaken. On Jan. 25, a rival election-technology company — Dominion Voting Systems, which was also ensnared in Trump’s baseless effort to overturn the election — sued Guiliani and Powell for $1.3 billion.

Unlike Dominion, whose technology was used in 24 states, Smartmatic’s participation in the 2020 election was restricted to Los Angeles County, which votes heavily Democratic.

Fox is accused of allowing at least 13 false reports to go on air. These are reports that incorrectly and without evidence had suggested that Smartmatic helped steal an election or affect the outcome of the 2020 election. The complaint also suggests that Fox News allowed segments that put the company in connection with a socialist government in Venezuela. Fox News is also accused of allowing such information to continue spreading even after the former Attorney General Bill Barr said specifically there was no evidence to suggest massive scale voter fraud.

NBC 15 also stated the following regarding the lawsuit:

For instance, a Dec. 10 segment by Lou Dobbs accused Smartmatic and its CEO, Antonio Mugica, of working to flip votes through a non-existent backdoor in its voting software to carry out a “massive cyber Pearl Harbor,” the complaint alleged.

“Defendants’ story was a lie,” the complaint stated. “But, it was a story that sold.”

The complaint also alleges that Fox hosts Dobbs, Maria Bartiromo and Jeanine Pirro also directly benefitted from their involvement in the conspiracy. The lawsuit alleges that Fox went along with the “well-orchestrated dance” due to pressure from newcomer outlets such as Newsmax and One America News, which were stealing away conservative, pro-Trump viewers.

So far, Fox News Media has rejected the accusations and suggested they are proud of the hosts and will defends themselves against claims they believe are "meritless."

Fox “is committed to providing the full context of every story with in-depth reporting and clear opinion,” the company said in a written statement.

Giuliani and Powell did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

Smartmatic claims the negative impact of the claims against them came with negative results, such as death threats and cyber attacks.

With several client contracts in jeopardy, the company estimates that it will lose as much as $690 million in profits over the next five years. It also expects it will have to boost spending by $4.7 million to fend off what it called a “meteoric rise” in cyberattacks.

This could be a very long trial with so much information to gather and review for any judge or jury.