What's going on with this!?

The head of the DC Metropolitian Police Department testified this week. He told senators he was "stunned" over the initial "reluctance" to send the National Guard to the Capitol during the January 6 riots.

He is acting Chief Robert Contee, and he was left both "surprised" and "stunned" according to a report by The Hill.

Testifying before a pair of Senate committees, acting Chief Robert Contee said that at 2:22 p.m. on Jan. 6 — more than an hour after his forces were summoned to the Capitol — he was part of an emergency phone call that included leaders of the Capitol Police, the National Guard and the Department of the Army.

"I was surprised at the reluctance to immediately send the National Guard to the Capitol grounds," Contee told senators on the Rules and Homeland Security committees.

Almost an hour would pass before the Pentagon would approve the deployment of more Guard troops to defuse the violent mob, and those troops would not arrive at the Capitol until 5:40 p.m. — more than four hours after Steven Sund, then the chief of the Capitol Police, had requested the federal reinforcements.

This is very odd. Why did it take so long for them to get help at the Capitol?

Congress is wondering the same thing as they have an investigation going on, looking into that and probably a lot more than we think.

The report continued, with Contee saying his office was requesting help from other police departments, even as far as New Jersey. Contee then stated it took another 3 1/2 hours to remove rioters from the Capitol.

Other witnesses testifying before the Senate include Sund, former House Sergeant-at-Arms Paul Irving and former Senate Sergeant-at-Arms Michael Stenger, all of whom were in charge on Jan. 6 but have since resigned.

Echoing the others' accounts, Contee told lawmakers that there was intelligence indicating that protests in support of former President Trump on Jan. 6 might include "violent actions in the streets" of Washington — and could include armed demonstrators.

But there were no signs pointing to a violent insurrection of the Capitol building.

"The District did not have intelligence pointing to a coordinated assault on the Capitol," his prepared statement reads.

We see how that turned out. Not only did it turn into a mess that day, but people were literally resigning afterwards. Maybe they felt like they failed to do their job, or they resigned because they were put in a place with little to no support for some time, until support finally arrived.

Contee said there were 300 unarmed members of the D.C. National Guard initially deployed the day of the attack, but only to provide traffic control and other non-interventionist services. He noted that because Washington is not a state, only the president, not D.C. officials, have the power to deploy the Guard.

Well, that adds another layer to the story.

Was it former President Donald Trump's responsibility to call in additional National Guard? Was he even aware of that? He was a first time president and didn't exactly face a situation like this before. If he wasn't aware of that, then whose job was it to inform him?

Lots of questions we need answers to!