PORTLAND -- The scene in Portland is LIT. Things are getting out of control as protesters and activists clash with police at a precinct. This incident has activists locking the police inside their own precinct with a bike lock that has to later be cut off the door, as reported by the precinct.

Portland Police wrote, "Some demonstrators have locked the doors from the outside of the Justice Center and are lighting fires on 2nd Avenue. They are also tampering with the roll up doors of the Justice Center on 2nd Avenue. This is a life safety issue. Remove the items now!"

Another report says the activists or protesters took the American flag down and lit it on fire. However, people from the same group later used the flag cord to tie down a pull-up door, connecting the door to a fire hydrant. This was caught on video by a reporter named Jenny Young.

She wrote, "Protestors tampering with @PortlandPolice central precinct. This group is not affiliated with the group that gathers in southeast Portland to march. @KOINNews"

An update/statement on the situation was made on Portland's Government page. A partial transcript is below:

One group of several hundreds assembled at Jefferson High School and marched to the top deck of the Fremont Bridge (I-405 Southbound). A traffic advisory was provided via social media. For over an hour, the group rallied, then dispersed around 10 p.m.
A separate group gathered downtown near the Justice Center at Southwest 3rd Avenue and Main Street. This group blocked the street and marched around to the 2nd Avenue side, which is the entrance to PPB's Central Precinct.

A little after 11 p.m., the flag was removed from outside the Central Precinct doors. The flag cord was tied from the door to a fire hydrant on the Southside roll up door to prevent it from opening. Additionally, the Central Precinct main doors were locked from the outside with a u-lock blocking anyone inside from leaving. This presented a life safety issue for those inside. The flag was lit on fire and one person was injured by the burning flag. Warnings were given and the crowd left the area. Officers removed the exterior locks and objects on the doors.

The group marched to the Pearl District and there were some reports of graffiti.
Just after 1 a.m., a vehicle encountered the crowd near Southwest 3rd Avenue near Alder Street. The vehicle struck several demonstrators and left at a high rate of speed, driving the wrong way on streets. It appeared to be followed by several other vehicles that were associated with the protesters.